A Design Retainer is a flexible agreement that allows you to contract BLASTOFF! Studio for as few as 7 hours per month or as many as 30 hours per month. You get access to a wide range of our professional design services without having to hire and onboard a permanent employee.
Think of it as a monthly subscription to our design and strategy services.
• Reliable and relational: At the start of each month, we’ll schedule a call to review your goals and outline upcoming needs.
• Cost savings and efficiency: You get streamlined professional design services without the expense of an employee's salary, needing to pay benefits, owning specialized equipment, or being responsible for the cost of application licenses. No gathering estimates, managing multiple contracts, or paying multiple invoices. Plus, with a consistent monthly cost, budgeting couldn’t be easier.
• Outside expertise and professional insight: Our team has worked for some of the biggest, most recognizable brands, including Apple, Nixon, and Cannondale.
• Consistency: You’ll be working with the same designer which means your branding will be consistent across all projects, helping you reach your marketing and communication goals more efficiently and effectively.
You have access to all our services that reasonably fit within the hours of your retainer. For services or projects falling outside your Design Retainer's scope, you'll get a discounted service rate as a retainer client.
• Website updates and maintenance
• Digital and print design (Website content, brand assets, presentation decks, campaign and event materials, email marketing templates, email signatures, social media content, printed cards, signage, and branded apparel are just a few of our digital and print design services.)
• Marketing and strategy (We offer a wide range of marketing solutions, including product and service strategy consulting and campaign development.)
• Campaign and event visual identity (Strategy, logos, branded materials.)
The following services are not included but can be purchased separately:
• Full Branding
• Photo & video production
• Product design
• Social media management
Design Retainers are a great solution for businesses looking for professional consistent ongoing design support.
Kickoff: Upon signing the contract and initial payment, we’ll host a 60-minute strategy session to plan our work together.
You submit your projects: Submitting your project details is easy with our custom online form. Upon receiving your request, we’ll connect with you to align on details and begin the work.
Transparent production and timely delivery: We believe communication is key throughout the design and development process. We’ll keep you updated on the progress of your projects, plus you’ll have access to view any of your project’s status via your online Asana board.
Any. No project is too big or too small.
Our team has built expertise over many years working for some of the biggest, most recognizable brands, including Apple, Nixon, and Cannondale.
And, we've also enjoyed working with a handful of small to medium size businesses including FFC (a non-profit who creates sustainable solutions to poverty and human trafficking), V2 Physio & Wellness (the private practice of a Bend-based Doctor of Physical therapy), and Oven and Shaker (a Portland-based restaurant).
Each project is priced based on the work and value we're creating for you. After you reach out to us, we'll schedule a 15-minute call to discuss your project and goals. From there, we'll put a general proposal together outlining the work.
As a design studio, we have a wide range of capabilities. Here are just some of the things we can help you with:
• Web Design & Development
• Marketing & Strategy
• Digital & Print Design
• Photo & Video Production
• Product Design
Nope. While we'd love to meet with you in person, we're glad to work with you remotely.
We're always looking for talented people to join our team. Check out our career page for current openings.
Also, did you know we offer mentoring for those looking to grow in their design career? We've all had incredibly kind and talented people mentor us in our work and believe this purposeful relationship is key to succeeding in our crafts and as humans.
3-month contract to start
$2100 / month
Up to 7 hours
$4000 / month
Up to 15 hours
$7500 / month
Up to 30 hours
What do we get access to? Everything.